Monday, October 1, 2012

What's On Your October Fun List?

I have become a list maker fairly late in life. It probably would have been a good idea to be making lists when I was raising my five children, and I think I would have been more organized. But recently I have been making lists, and I say better late then never.

October really is my favorite month of the year. Even though my kids are all gone, October will always mean Halloween, school, pumpkin bread and cozy sweaters. I love these comforts and memories of wonderful times that I have shared with my family over the years. But October also means it is time for me to settle in with some good books and coffee, and enjoy our Seattle rain from my reading chair.

And I do now make my to do list of work and what must get done, but I also have a list of what I would like to do. It's my Fun List, and it's not extravagant or costly, but what I want to do to make myself happier. I find if you write these things down, they are more likely to happen.


The first thing on my list is to start reading the J.K. Rowling book, The Casual Vacancy. Ms. Rowling is the author of the Harry Potter books, and this is her first book written for adult readers.
The story takes place in a charming English town, and when a young husband and father dies suddenly, the whole town is turned upside down for various reasons. I just got this book this morning and can't wait to start reading it, and doing a review of it.


My list also includes making good use of my Country Living Magazine. I have read and loved this magazine for many, many years, and you certainly don't have to live in the country to enjoy it. It is always filled with great ideas for cooking and decorating that appeal to almost everyone.
There is a great chili recipe in this month's October issue. There is also a great article and beautiful pictures of what to do with all those gorgeous pears that are in the market right now.

My October Fun List also includes opening up my Etsy Shop to sell vintage decor. I am very excited about doing this, and it is a fabulous reason to shop!!!
I also want to finish the three scarves that I am knitting, and think about what I can make for my family that they will really like and not just pretend to so that my feelings aren't hurt.
And I would love to go to the Seattle Art Museum on a free Thursday afternoon and soak up a little culture in my life.

I do know that everyone is incredibly busy nowadays, and if you are a mom with small children you may be thinking I am crazy for even suggesting a Fun List. I have been there, believe me. But even if you can't do everything on your Fun List, what would be on it if you could?
I would love to know!! Have a great Monday everyone.

By Patricia

No comments:

Post a Comment