Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Making Pumpkin Bread On A Fall Afternoon


By Patricia


Yesterday afternoon, the sun was streaming in the kitchen windows. I know this is a normal occurrence for most people, but here in Washington State we are normally dealing with the rain come Fall.

I am frankly a little tired of all this sunshine!!! Yes, call me strange, but I love my cloudy days and really don't mind the rain at all. So to get myself feeling like it really is the month of October, I decided to make some pumpkin bread. I adore pumpkin bread and a cup of coffee in the late afternoon. I think the English have the right idea when they have their afternoon Tea Time, that lovely time where it is encouraged to have tea and a treat to eat.

Here is the delicious recipe I used to make my pumpkin bread. It isn't the easiest recipe, but I do think it is one of the best, and makes two loaves. Believe me, you will want two loaves because this yummy pumpkin bread will go quickly. Yum!!!

2 comments:

  1. well send your sunshine this way im tired of all the rain it rained all day today and they're calling for more rain tomorrow :( i wasnt motivated to do much of anything today because of it. that bread looks delish! unfortunately im the only one who likes pumpkin flavor in my house :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE pumpkin anything! I would love to try that recipe. A cup of tea would be perfect for a rainy day. I want the rain too! Way too hot in Cali for Oct. It was near 100 today. Icky!

    ReplyDelete