Thursday, October 25, 2012

Do You Celebrate Everyday Life Moments?



By Patricia

I think so many of us women are defined by our relationships with others. When my five children were young, my first thoughts when I woke up in the morning were about them, not myself.
I was married for thirty five years to a good, but very difficult man. So I am no longer a wife, or an active mother of children as they are all grown up now.

So what does this all have to do with celebrating? I am trying to find little celebrations in my everyday life. I have found that on some days, I need a magnifying glass to look for even a crumb of cheeriness. And then on others, I am reminded of all that I still have, and hope to have.

For most of us, the highs in life really don't come around very often, so we have to seek little joys and pieces of happiness where we can find them. Lately, a great blog, my granddaughter's beautiful little face, a package in the mail, and yes, yummy chocolate cake are what I'm celebrating.
And I never say no to a glass of champagne.

How do you celebrate everyday life? Or do you? I would love to know your thoughts on the subject.


Photo via I Wanna Be Gwyneth




No comments:

Post a Comment