Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Celebrating Fall Days Everyday With Cool Whip Frosting


By Patricia

When the fall season begins here in Washington State, it's time to start making our homes cozy. I love getting out the thick wool blankets and stocking up on wood for the fires to come.

It really is a time to celebrate the everyday joys of the season, and of course my thoughts turn to the kitchen and all the delicious desserts my family loves to eat. I decided to make a cake just to celebrate the gorgeous fall days we have been having lately, and to remind myself to try and find little things to celebrate in the everyday moments of my life.

This was the perfect opportunity for me to try the new Cool Whip Frosting I have been hearing all about. My family loves Cool Whip on desserts and hot chocolate, so I was pretty certain we were going to like Cool Whip Frosting too!



I went to Walmart to look for Cool Whip Frosting and found it's three flavors. It comes in Chocolate, Vanilla, and Cream Cheese varieties. #CoolWhipFrosting.




Chocolate frosting is always my favorite, I love chocolate! This chocolate flavored frosting is made with real Dutched Cocoa, and all the flavors are whipped. I was going to make a pumpkin cake, but I made so much pumpkin bread last week, we are all a little tired of pumpkin.

So I've decided to make a vanilla cake with chocolate Cool Whip Frosting, and I think it's going to be pretty tasty.



Cool Whip Frosting is found in the Desserts and Toppings aisle of the frozen foods section of Walmart. Since it does come frozen, just take it out of the refrigerator about an hour before you are going to use it so it can thaw. And I tried a taste of it, and it was so, so good!




I love how the frosting is going on so smooth and easily. It reminds me of the frosting that bakeries use to frost their cakes. I'm putting on a lot more frosting than I really need, but that is how I like to make a cake. I bought two containers, but one could easily frost a two layer cake like this.




The cake is cut and my grandsons are patiently waiting for their dessert that Nana made them. I'm loving this new Cool Whip Frosting and will definitely be buying it again soon. I'd love to use the Cream Cheese flavor on an apple or pumpkin spice cake, or cupcakes.




My grandson is digging into his cake, and he said the best part was the frosting! ( Both the boys were doing a painting project while they were waiting for their cake and forgot to wash their hands.)




Do you celebrate the fall season with special plans or recipes? Cool Whip frosting can help you make an easy dessert, and put a little more celebration into your everyday. If you would like to see my shopping experience at Walmart you can read my Google+ story.

To find out more about the new Cool Whip Frosting visit them on Facebook.




*I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community.  This content has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and Kraft Cool Whip.  #CoolWhipFrosting #CBias #SocialFabric All opinions expressed in this post are my own.

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to try that frosting! I heard it's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pooh I know what's going on my shopping list. I want to try the cream cheese flavor

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a big score, Grandma!! I'll readily admit, I have my virtual fork at the ready! The consistency of Cool Whip Frosting looks like it would be so much easier to use than thick, traditional frosting. I'll have to give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to try every flavor...your cake looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete