Friday, October 19, 2012

Fabulous Friday - It Was Like Rainbows And Christmas.



By Patricia

This morning when I woke up I had no internet. A call to my provider said it was out because of a wind storm and would be back sometime in the late afternoon.
If you are a blogger or love Facebook, have an online business or for whatever reason you have to be on the computer all day, not having it can make you crazy. It totally made me crazy today. But on the other hand, it was sort of like having a heavy chain taken from around your neck and being allowed to be free again.

I got a lot done today actually. Here is my list:

1. Did 2 loads of laundry.

2. Watched 3 Sex and The City reruns. ( A guilty pleasure, I didn't watch it when it originally aired)

3. Made brownies.

4. Went to the post office.

5. Chatted with the mail carrier when he delivered my package from Amazon.

6. Found all of my library books, including the one I swore up and down I had returned.

I have to admit, it was kind of nice not having the computer take up my day.
But when my service was restored, it was kind of like rainbows, and Christmas, and all that good stuff.
Yes, so many of us are addicted to our time online. And this has shown me that it is good to walk away for a break.
I'd just like to be the one who decides when that break should be, not Mother Nature.

1 comment:

  1. I agree sometimes you feel tied to your computer and if you leave the virtual world may fall apart, not really but you know what I mean :)

    ReplyDelete