Friday, August 24, 2012

Fabulous Friday - The Passionate Shopper


By Patricia

I used to have a terrible shopping addiction. I blame my Mother.
I know everyone blames their Mom for everything, but in this case it's really true. My mother was a hoarder, but not of trash and junk. She loved new stuff, and she shopped and bought things with a passion. If I needed a new toaster, she would tell me to pick one out from the three brand new ones in the bedroom. Needless to say, this was kind of a problem for her, and it turned out to be a problem for me as well.
I love to shop, my daughters love to shop, and I'm pretty sure my granddaughter will love to shop, too.
We jokingly say we can't help it, it's in our genes.
But since I am on my own now, I've had to say goodbye to Ralph (as in Lauren), and say hello to Will. As in Goodwill. Yeah, it's been rough... But my life is what it is, and I have learned to be a different kind of shopper. A thrift shop shopper, and the truth is, I am loving it!!
My daughters have joined me in this adventure, and the thrill of the hunt is exciting and addicting in it's own way. And I am proud of myself that I didn't fall apart at having to change my lifestyle so dramatically.
The white vase in the picture above is from Goodwill. I love it's classic simplicity, and in the old days I would have bought one similar to it from Pottery Barn. I am perfectly happy with this pretty vase. And it wasn't even $2.99 like the sticker says. That's because it was Blue Sticker Day and all blue sticker items were only $1.29!!
What's that old saying, when life hands you lemons, you make lemonade? Well, I have been making lemonade, and it's beginning to taste pretty sweet!

So here's hoping all you readers out there have a Fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend. And here is a few things I've found from around the web.


Love these colorful Fall Flats for only $16.99. Cute!!


Bumbershoot 2012 is going to be AWESOME!


Love The Barefoot Contessa? Here is Ina Garten's new book that is coming out this fall.


Oh Happy Day is one of my favorite blogs, filled with so much creativity and beauty.


This Etsy Shop has the most darling cases for your iphone!




No comments:

Post a Comment