Thursday, August 23, 2012

Making A Delicious Back To School Snack With Del Monte Fruit Cups #SmartSnack #CBias


For as long as I can remember, the real start of the new year was never on January 1st. For me, it's always been the first day of school. A new school year was always a fresh beginning. Those crisp, clear fall days had all the promise of new and exciting things to come.

Whether it was me going to school, or my own five children, the first day of school was always exciting. My kids are all grown up now, but the back to school excitement and fun are not over for me. In fact, it begins all over again because one of my three young grandsons is now starting Kindergarten!!

I have gone shopping with him and his Mom for new shoes and clothes, a new backpack, and lots of school supplies. He is excited about starting school and so am I. I know that when little boys get home from school, they are always hungry. I wanted to make my grandson an extra special and healthy snack using Del Monte Fruit Cups. Yogurt, granola, whipped cream and Cherry Mixed Fruit Cups were all I needed to make this yummy fruit and yogurt parfait. And it was super easy!


I went to Walmart to buy Del Monte fruit cups. We've eaten Del Monte fruit for many, many years and now all my grandchildren love the fruit cups.

Diced peaches, diced pears, mixed fruit and more are all available as easy back to school, healthy lunch or snack options. The fruit cups are great as they are, but you can really get creative by using them with other ingredients. I know some Moms who even bake with them, and make delicious muffins and desserts for their families.


I wanted to make a yummy back to school, special snack for my grandson that he would really like. I decided on a fruit and yogurt parfait because he likes all of the ingredients, and it was very easy to do.
The Cherry Mixed fruit variety would be great in this. I know he loves the cherries, and there are a lot of them in this kind of Del Monte fruit cup.


I assembled the ingredients I needed to make my snack. You can use any variety of fruit cups and yogurt combination to make this. We love vanilla flavored yogurt and I think it goes well with any kind of fruit cup.
You can also eliminate the whipped cream but I always think it is fun and festive to use it. #SmartSnack


It is so easy to make these fruit and yogurt parfaits. You only need Del Monte fruit cups, yogurt, granola, and whipped cream. There are lots of kinds of granola to pick from, and it adds such a healthy and delicious crunch.

Here I have just layered each ingredient, fruit, granola, yogurt, and fruit again. Super simple!


Just keep layering the ingredients until your cup or dish is filled. Top off with whipped cream and a few cherries. I think I will make smaller ones next time for the boys. This is sure one big yummy snack!!


I would say my grandson likes it! And I like giving him a healthy and delicious snack made with Del Monte fruit cups. For back to school, or anytime, Del Monte fruit cups are great to have on hand.

What kind of creative back to school snacks can you make using Del Monte fruit cups? I would love to hear your ideas!    

You can read my Google+ Story about my shopping trip to Walmart for Del Monte.

You can connect with Del Monte on Twitter and Facebook  for great recipes and contests.



*I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community.  This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and Del Monte #CBias #SocialFabric All opinions expressed in this post are my own.

4 comments:

  1. I love assembly snacks like these when the little ones can help! (And it's a healthy option that feels like a treat, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea! All kids love parfaits and this one looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids love fruit, yogurt and granola parfaits!! And the extra cherries look so yummy (I still love those cherries)

    ReplyDelete