Thursday, February 28, 2013

Be Smart and Safe With Street Safe Mobile Security #cbias

 


I love the city and I am lucky to live close enough to Seattle that I can go there often, to a fun event, or to go visit friends. But whenever I am there after dark, I do get nervous about walking to the bus stop or walking through the city by myself.

I was very happy to recently learn about a service called Street Safe Mobile Security. With Street Safe, you have an app on your Smartphone that provides you with a trained safety adviser who will talk to you until you safely reach your destination.

Or, if you need immediate help, your safety adviser will call 911 with your exact location, thanks to your phone's GPS system. They will also have all relevant personal information, such as a medical condition, to pass on to 911 authorities.

Street Smart has received lots of media attention, including major TV coverage, about how this service can keep you and your loved ones safer.



I like the fact that Street Smart can be of value to so many people, in so many situations. Whether you are the parent of a college student, a student yourself, a person who works at night, or a senior citizen, this service can make all the difference when it comes to personal safety.

Street Smart is available 24x7, with state-of-the-art monitoring centers, offering live off-duty law enforcement officers and trained safety advisers.

I can personally think of so many times when I would love to have Street Smart available for myself, or my two college age children who live in the city. I showed my son what Street Smart has to offer, and asked him if he would possibly ever use it. He said he thought it was a good idea, and could really ensure someone's safety. I would actually love to have this for my daughter, for her safety and my peace of mind.


My two daughters and granddaughter were in the city last weekend. We had lunch at a great restaurant, that is very popular with the employees of all these office buildings. But because it was a Sunday, there were no people around, and when we were walking, I actually felt very uncomfortable.

It would be great to have Street Smart, and know that someone is available to calm my fears, or actually send immediate help if I needed it.



The Walk With Me service allows you to connect with a trained safety adviser  day or night, and knows your exact location, and can advise you about reaching your destination safely. They will stay on the phone with you, and are trained in stress management to help keep you calm. If you are in real danger, they will immediately send 911 to help you.


I was given the chance to try out the Street Safe app for myself. I was walking home through my relatively safe neighborhood just after dark. Just the fact that I had this service available, made me feel safer.


Though I wasn't in any danger, I wanted to test out how the Walk With Me service worked, and what the response time was in them answering my call. If I want to talk to a safety adviser  I slide the green button on my phone. If I need immediate 911 assistance, I simply slide the red button, and it will be dispatched to me, with the help of the GPS system on my phone.


Here is my phone, and I have slid the green button so that I can speak to a safety adviser.  Within about twenty seconds, they called me and asked if I needed help.

I explained that I was fine and was just testing out the service. They were extremely professional, yet very nice, and told me they are here if I need help. I really like this!!!

I can absolutely say that I think this is a great idea, and a service that I would recommend to many people, especially women and seniors. You don't just have to live in the city to use this and benefit because personal safety is something we have to be aware of regardless of where we are.

This is truly a great service for seniors because they can connect immediately to 911 and have their medical information and exact location given to help receive medical attention as quickly as possible.

Within a couple of hours of using Street Smart, I received an email from them asking me to send them feedback about my Walk With You experience. I appreciate a company that is interested in my opinion of their services. I really like Street Smart, and plan to continue using this very valuable service.


If you would like to find out more about Street Smart Mobile Security, you can go to their website, or connect with them on Facebook and Twitter.




*I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community.  This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias® #CBias #SocialFabric All opinions expressed are my own.

3 comments:

  1. I like the fact that this is an app that can be used by anyone, including Seniors... My parents are seniors and my dad works the night shift and comes home late ... this app would be perfect for him if I could only get him to use a cellphone lol Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could see this app being so helpful. Being a women in the city at night I would definitely feel safer if I had it on my phone.

    ReplyDelete