Sunday, March 3, 2013

Foo Dogs, Thrift Stores, and Why I Wish I Had A Decorator

 
 
I would like to think I am good at a few things in life, but being able to decorate a room, or even a tabletop is not one of them.
At different points in my life, I have spent a lot of money on furnishings, and them been severely disappointed that what I saw in my mind did not manifest into reality. I just don't have what it takes to make a room what I want it to be, and that is beginning to be okay with me.
As long as I have the things I need, and the things I love, I guess I will be fine. I frequently see these Foo Dogs in TJ Maxx, and I have always liked them. But once I get them home, I will probably wonder what I was thinking when I bought them. But I have started shopping at thrift stores, where my decorating mistakes might only cost me a few dollars, instead of hundreds or thousands.
 
This morning I am off to Goodwill in search of a new desk. I am frequently surprised at some of the great things that are for sale there. And I have learned to love the thrill of the hunt.
 
Happy Sunday to all!!



No comments:

Post a Comment