Thursday, February 7, 2013

Simple Suppers - Creamy Pesto Chicken and Bow Ties


By Patricia

This Simple Supper really is just that, simple. So simple in fact that it is made with Campbell's soup. Why do I always feel like I am cheating when I make a recipe that calls for a can of soup?

Why do I think that a good meal must be time consuming and a challenge to make? Maybe it's because I read too many foodie magazines and adore Alice Waters.
But who does have the time to leisurely cook all day in the kitchen? No one I know, and certainly not me. This easy and delicious Creamy Pesto Chicken and Bow Ties makes a great family night dinner, but can also be dressed up with a delicious salad and be served to your friends at Saturday night dinner.






I served this with a yummy (and easy!!) spinach salad with dried cherries and almonds. It was a salad kit, and I really like salad kits for their convenience and savings.
This dish takes about 30 minutes, start to finish, and I sprinkled on just a little bit of crushed red pepper flakes to give it a little extra zip.


Ingredients:

2 tbsp. of butter
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into cubes
1 can (10 3/4oz.) Campbell's condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
1/2 cup pesto sauce
1/2 cup of milk
3 1/2 of bow tie pasta, cooked and drained


1. Heat butter in 10" skillet over medium heat.  Add chicken and cook until browned, stirring often.

2. Stir soup, pesto sauce and milk in a bowl, stirring together until mixed. Pour over chicken in skillet and heat just to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook 5 minutes. Stir in pasta, cook over medium heat until mixture is hot.

Makes 4 servings.






No comments:

Post a Comment