Thursday, September 13, 2012

It Really Is The Little Things In Life



By Patricia

Fall is my absolute favorite season of the year. I can feel it coming on, with the cooler nights, already turning leaves, and fall fashions in the stores. I love the peacefulness of fall, and the excitement of Halloween and Thanksgiving as well.

Last weekend I was at Pike Place Market in Seattle and picked up this bouquet of flowers for $5. That is one of the best things about the Market I think, the abundance of inexpensive flowers. A lot of people buy flowers there, and when you see someone with the white paper wrapped bundle, or if you are the one carrying the bundle, smiles are always exchanged. To put it simply, flowers make people happy.

So starting today, I am going to embrace and seek out the little things in life to make myself happy. The $5 flowers, the cup of tea, the free library books, and the walk in the park. The big moments in life really are few, and certainly don't happen often. We have to look for happiness in what everyday life brings to us.
What small things bring you happiness? I would really love for you to share them with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment