Thursday, September 6, 2012

Donating Books For A Good Cause With Champions For Kids #NickCFK




This month I am proud to be participating in the September Champions For Kids Simple Service Project.
This month's project is all about children and books, and helping to provide books to children in need by hosting book drives in your community.

The Nickelodeon Big Book Drive Help Them Read Simple Service Project encourages everyone to participate by hosting a book drive for your friends, family and co-workers to donate books and magazines that are appropriate for children.

Did you know that you can make a difference? Yes, each book collected puts a book in the hands of a child who will benefit in life by reading. I am asking my family and friends to participate in my  book drive by donating new and gently used books. I have even asked my five year old grandson, and these books are his contribution to this wonderful cause. I am so proud of him for his concern for other children.




To kick off my book drive I went to Walmart to purchase some Nickelodeon books to donate. You can go to the Champions For Kids website to read all about the Nickelodeon Big Book Drive Help Them Read Simple Service Project.

You can learn all about hosting your own book drive and the easy way you can share it on their website. This is such an important cause, and you and your community can make a big difference in a child's life with your donations.



I am looking for Nickelodeon Books here in Walmart. Dora the Explorer and Sponge Bob are two very popular Nickelodeon characters, and there are the these books here.

The book drive welcomes all books, new and used, that are in good condition. Did you know that 67% of 4th graders in the U.S. are reading below a Proficient level?




I like the Dora the Explorer books because they always make learning fun. Books play such an important role in a child's education, and many children have no books at all in their homes, or access to them in the programs that they are involved in.

Approximately 8.7 million fourth through twelfth graders struggle with required reading and writing tasks. And ongoing difficulties with reading and writing are major reasons that teenagers drop out of school. 


I have selected my books to purchase for the start of my book drive. I am going to be asking friends and family for their own donations.

I am planning to make my book donation to a local Head Start Program in my community. Head Start is an important program for low-income children that helps prepare them to start elementary school. 
Head Start also provides social services, health services, and tries to work to meet the needs of individual children. 

I am very excited to be participating in this worthwhile and important Champions For Kids Simple Service Project. I am encouraging everyone to get involved and host their own book drives and to make a difference for the children in your communities .


Go HERE to the Champions For Kids website to learn all about the Nickelodeon Big Book Drive Help Them Read  project.             .

You can also connect with them on their social media accounts:
Champions for Kids Twitter
Champions for Kids Facebook
Nickelodeon Twitter
Nickelodeon Facebook

You can read my Google+ Story to see my shopping trip to Walmart for Nickelodeon Books for my Big Help Book Drive.



*I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community.  This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and Champions for Kids. #NickCFK #CBias

4 comments:

  1. I love that you are donating to the Headstart program in your area. The children who attend this program are typically already at a disadvantage and this will give them even more opportunity for success. Good luck with your book drive!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to read more! It's so awesome when we think about starting early and helping families who might not have the resources that we have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see your donation. The head start programs do so much good for disadvantaged children and I know you will make a difference. I adore that your 5 year old grandson wants to give to these children!

    ReplyDelete