Tuesday, July 31, 2012

I Could Start Pinning Zebras Too!!



~ By Patricia ~


When Pinterest first came out, I really didn't pay much attention to it. I remember that everyone was talking about it, and everyone was saying it was a new addiction, and one could easily spend a lot of time pinning pictures of things. What? Why would you do that?

But then the day came when my daughter Samantha, who writes here with me, said I should pin some things on our boards. I reluctantly hopped on to Pinterest and fell in love!
I now totally adore looking through images of food, fashion, houses, shoes, celebrities, gardens and more. It truly has become an addition for me, and one that won't make me fat, drunk, or broke, so how bad could it be? But I'm not looking for make- it- yourself cleaning solutions or great potato salad recipes (not that there is anything wrong with that), I'm looking for pictures of how I really would like my life to be if I had the money and time to do it all.

Pinterest has turned into my fantasy shopping list, my vision of the good life, the life where I have it all. Who wouldn't fall in love with that, right? A Martha Stewart perfect house, Chanel in my closet, and me suddenly having the ability to whip up gourmet delights just like The Barefoot Contessa, Ina Garten.
And I have begun seeing zebras, real ones, fake ones, and patterns, so I just might have to start a board with that perfect zebra rug on it.
So tell me, how do you use Pinterest? Is it your fantasy wish list or a practical tool that helps you run your life and your household? I would really love to know!

*photo from Absolutely Beautiful Things*

No comments:

Post a Comment