Monday, July 30, 2012

Celebrating Summer With A Picnic In The Park and TCBY Frozen Yogurt


Here in the Seattle area, we never know what out summers are going to be like. In other parts of the country summer is usually always hot, but not here. We have lots of rainy, chilly days in our summers, and the most breathtakingly gorgeous days you can imagine. Whenever we have nice days, it's time to go outside and enjoy them.

We have been having a string of good weather lately, so my daughter and I decided to take the kids out for A Picnic In The Park. We love frozen yogurt, so I knew TCBY would be great for our picnic at a local waterfront park.


I had gone shopping at Walmart to buy some of our favorite frozen treats for our picnic. We all love TCBY Frozen Yogurt. The only problem is that it's so hard to pick out a flavor. English Toffee Crunch, Mint Chocolate Chip, Strawberry Swirl, who can decide? #TCBYGrocery


We really like the TCBY Frozen Novelties, too. They come in different kinds and flavors. The orange and vanilla bars are delicious, and never last very long in the freezer at my house.
I also picked up food for our picnic in the park. So, with good food, beautiful weather, and some great frozen yogurt, I knew we would be having some fun!


After we ate our picnic lunch, it was time to have our frozen yogurt. The kids had been running around playing after lunch too, so we were all looking forward to something yummy and cold.
Here is my 2 year-old grandson enjoying his Strawberry Swirl flavored yogurt. This is the face he always makes at us when we tell him to say "cheese"!


It is always so much fun spending time with my grandchildren, and the boys love being outside and playing in the park. Of course they love eating, too. The day was much hotter than we expected, so the TCBY frozen yogurt was melting fast. That didn't seem to bother this little guy who was having a blast.


My little granddaughter obviously didn't think it was fair that everyone was having a yummy treat but her, so she decided to take matters into her own hands!


Here she is sharing an orange and vanilla bar with her Mom. I'm pretty sure she likes it very much!
Having a picnic in the park is such a great way to spend time with your family. It also helps us celebrate the days that are so beautiful and sometimes scarce up here in the Northwest.
It's great fun when you include good company, good food, and even more fun when you add delicious frozen yogurt to your menu.

The boys played on the swings and slides again, and then we all took a walk down by the water. It was a great end to a great picnic. I'm planning on having a few more picnics before the summer ends.
And of course I'm planning on bringing TCBY frozen yogurt!

You can get some great TCBY Summer Picnic ideas for your family on the TCBY Grocery Pinterest Board. You can also read my Google+ Story about my shopping trip to Walmart and our TCBY Picnic at the Park. #CBias







*I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community.  This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and TCBY #CBias #SocialFabric #TCBYGrocery All opinions shared in this post are 100% my own.

2 comments:

  1. The orange and vanilla bars would be a huge hit at our house!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a wonderful day at the park for everyone! I love the idea of bringing your own cool treat like frozen yogurt to cool everyone down after play adventures!

    ReplyDelete