Sunday, July 22, 2012

Super Chocolate Bread Pudding Made With International Delight Iced Coffee


My family loves to drink coffee. We drink it anytime of the day or night, and in every season. The summertime is when we love drinking iced coffee on a regular basis, so there is always a couple of cartons of International Delight Iced Coffee in the refrigerator. It's fun to dress it up when I have guests over by adding some whipped cream and shaved chocolate sprinkled on top.

My family and I are also big dessert lovers, too. I particularly love bread pudding, warm right out of the oven, or well chilled, and with lots of whipped cream of course! But I needed to bring some new zip to my plain bread pudding, and so I decided to make chocolate mocha bread pudding using International Delight Iced Coffee instead of the usual milk that bread pudding recipes call for.
I think this is going to be delicious!


I headed to my local Walmart to pick up the ingredients I would need to make my chocolate bread pudding. Since I was using Mocha flavored iced coffee and chocolate chips, I bought some Sweet Cream creamer to balance out all that chocolate.


I have assembled all my ingredients and I'm ready to start my recipe. I love how bread pudding is so super easy to make, and I see it on dessert menus of great restaurants quite often. It's also easy to change the flavor by adding yummy sauces like caramel. Although I have made regular bread pudding many times, I have actually never made chocolate bread pudding before, so I am excited to see how it tastes. I think I need a little glass of International Delight while I work!


Instead of using regular whole milk like I usually do, I'm using International Delight mocha flavored iced coffee. I love the creamy chocolate taste of it!


I'm adding some yummy Sweet Cream coffee creamer for extra richness. Plenty of this creamer goes in my coffee cup everyday, because I am loving this flavor.


Here it is, right out of the oven. As it was baking, the smell of chocolate and cinnamon was heavenly!
With the mocha flavored coffee and plenty of chocolate chips, I'm sure this is going to be yummy! If you would like to try baking or cooking with International Delight Iced Coffee, here is my super easy recipe for this chocolate bread pudding. #IcedDelight

            Ingredients:

            2 cups International Delight mocha flavored iced coffee

            1/2 cup International Delight Sweet Cream coffee creamer

           2 large eggs
              
            1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon

            1/2 cup sugar

            6 cups of torn bread

           3/4 cup of chocolate chips

            Whipped cream

            Directions:

            Pre-heat oven to 350.
            In a large bowl, mix together iced coffee, creamer, eggs, sugar, and cinnamon. 
            Add the bread pieces and stir until all the bread is fully covered in coffee and egg mixture. 
            Let it set 10 minutes.
            Pour into a lightly greased casserole dish. 
            Bake for 45 minutes.

            Eat warm or cold, topped with whipped cream.
            Serves 6.
    

This chocolate bread pudding turned out absolutely delicious! There are lots of requests from family members to make it again, and I will be, very, very soon!
        

           






*I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community.  This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and International Delight #IcedDelight #CBias #SocialFabric All opinions expressed in this post are my own.

         

1 comment: