Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Scoring Some Deals At The Thrift Stores, Come Take A Look!!

Only a dollar each, and perfect for holding your olive oil for yummy bread dipping. Reminds me of wine country in California!!


It is no secret that I used to be sort of a snob about shopping at thrift stores. I liked buying new, there was no doubt. But when money becomes such a big issue in your life (like the lack of it!!), you are smart to change your thinking about how you spend it.
My daughter Megan is a huge thrift store shopper, and she really showed me how to score some deals and have a lot of fun in the process. What was I thinking?? Shopping at thrift stores is fun, money saving, and the thrill of the hunt can be addicting!!

I wanted to share some of my finds here, and just say I was so wrong about thrifting. Live and learn, right?

I love white dishes and platters. This was only $5 and it was in perfect condition.

I love this soft blue jacket with a white T-shirt and jeans. It feels super vintage and was only $4.

I had wanted this decorating book from Domino Magazine for a few years and found it at Goodwill for $3.

Blue tags were half off so of course I needed Margarita glasses. These have a vintage feel for sure.

These plaques had been black and I spray painted them turquoise. I might change the color, but I thought they were pretty.


Happy Thrifting and Happy Wednesday everyone!!!






2 comments:

  1. Great finds!!! I didn't like thrift shopping with my grandma as a child, I thought it was embarrassing : / I sure wish I had her to go with me now, we would have such a good time! Love your finds, especially the turquoise plaques, great color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much!! I am still new to thrifting, but loving all the great stuff I am finding. So glad you stopped by to comment :)

    ReplyDelete