Thursday, May 2, 2013

On My Mother's Day Wish List - New Audrey In Rome Book

 
 
 
Since Mother's Day is only ten days away, I thought I would put together my own wish list of what I would like to receive.
 
Every year my children always ask me what I would like for a Mother's Day gift and I always say "Oh you know me, I love everything" to which they either roll their eyes or say something like "No you don't, you are the pickiest person I know".
I think that any gift given with heart is a good gift, and after 35 Mother's Days, let's just say I have received some interesting gifts that I still loved.

I would actually love to receive this new book called Audrey In Rome. I have always been fascinated by Audrey Hepburn, along with the rest of the world, not just by her beauty and acting, but by some inner light that she seemed to possess. When My Fair Lady came to the movie theaters in 1964, I was seven years old. My parents took me to see it and it made an impression on me that has lasted a lifetime. I simply fell in love with Audrey Hepburn.

Audrey In Rome is a gorgeous coffee table book with over 200 candid photos from the 20 years she spent living in Rome. It shows off her beautiful fashion sense, whether she is wearing a Givenchy suit, or a plain little black dress.
The book is edited by Audrey's son, Luca Dotti, who is a film and theater writer and producer. Many of the photos in the book have never been published before.
What a great Mother's Day gift this would make for all the Audrey fans out there.



No comments:

Post a Comment