Tuesday, November 6, 2012

How Do You Decorate Your Thanksgiving Table?






By Patricia

With Thanksgiving just around the corner, it's time to start thinking about not just the turkey, but how to make the table pretty and inviting as well. I was at Pottery Barn in Seattle recently and this table setting was so gorgeous that I just had to take a few pictures of it.
I think the key here is layering and an abundance of pretty things that make the table feel so welcoming. Even though the food on Thanksgiving is always the main focus, a lovely table will set a welcoming tone and make your family and guests want to linger there long after the pie is eaten.










Of course this is all a little over the top decorating, but it does give us some great ideas for our own Thanksgiving tables. I love decorating my table, and through the years my family has established a few traditions we all love. One of them is that my youngest daughter Megan makes the place cards with all of our names on them. She started doing this when she was six years old, and she did it last year at the age of twenty.
So with a little planning, it is fun and easy to make your table say welcome, and to make all your guests feel special. And that is really what sharing your table is all about.


No comments:

Post a Comment