Monday, September 9, 2013

Fall, Family, and My Favorite Magazine



I remember buying the very first issue of Country Living Magazine. I had only one child at the time, and he was two years old. Michael is now thirty six years old, and I have never missed an issue of this magazine that I love.

I wish I had kept all my issues, but moving and lack of storage made me part with many of them. I have managed to save most of the October, November, and December copies, and they are truly my treasures.
I use them every holiday season for recipes, craft ideas, Christmas decorating, and much more.

Yes, I know Pinterest can provide all of this, and I am a very active Pinterest user. But these magazines were a part of my life way before Pinterest came to be. I love the tradition of pulling them out, and feeling like the holidays are on their way.

Of course, you don't have to live in the country to enjoy reading Country Living. You can live anywhere in the world, and city or country.

I still love magazines in this internet era, and I hope they never disappear. The sight of the October issue of Country Living yesterday made me happy.

What about you, do you still buy and read magazines?

If you do, I'd love to know what you read, do tell!!

No comments:

Post a Comment