Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Cheap But Fabulous Vintage Shopping



Over the weekend I did one of my absolutely favorite things, shopping at thrift stores and estate sales.

It happened to be a particularly good couple of days to find some bargains. The Franciscan Dinnerware was a fantastic bargain at Goodwill. I got six dinner plates in perfect condition at only a dollar each.

They are listed at $10.75 each right now on Ebay. I remember these from my own childhood, so there is great sentimental value in having them.




This very heavy, old mixing bowl was only $3 from an estate sale I went to. It's perfect for cake making.



I love these dessert dishes for the upcoming fall holidays. They were $5 for six of them at the estate sale. Love the color.



I collect baskets, and this pink one was in perfect condition, and only $1. I think it has a sweet vintage feel to it.



I love old sugar and creamer sets. This French inspired one is something I'll use right away. Coffee and tea are even sweeter with this.

I love shopping for old and vintage items. When it's a day out with my girls, it's even better.

Do you shop for vintage? What are some of your great finds?




2 comments:

  1. I love your finds the colored glass dishes are fabulous and I am in LOVE with the cream and sugar set

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love shopping at thrift stores...probably a bit too much. Most everything I use in my food photography is thrift stores or something I've bought at a major discount. Love the things you picked up...my favorite is the mixing bowl and the dessert dishes.

    ReplyDelete