Thursday, May 24, 2012

New Beginnings

A view of my dresser with some old family photos, a daily reminder of my wonderful family.



~ By Patricia ~

I think beginnings are so exciting. Weather it's a new home, a new baby, or a new love, new beginnings are so sweet.
Starting a new blog doesn't quite fall into the earth shattering moments of life, but here at Popcorn and Pearls we are pretty excited. We hope to be open and honest about our thoughts and feelings about ourselves and the things we talk about. We love to laugh, but realize sometimes life throws you a curve ball and it's up to you how you respond to it.
Until this last year, my life revolved around my marriage and family. Anyone who knows me, knows that I think my kids are absolutely fabulous, all five of them. Throw in the grand kids and some terrific in-laws, and these are the people I adore. Sadly, my marriage of thirty five years ended. The best way of explaining it is that the children grew up and we grew apart. It happens to the best of us.
So, I am having to start a new life, a new beginning. I couldn't be more excited, or scared, or lost. And sometimes that's all in the same moment!
Blogging is all about sharing, and I am excited to add my voice here and share with you all the things I love, be it books, vintage shopping, reviews, giveaways, and much more.
I feel extremely lucky to live here in the Seattle area, rain and all. I'm hoping to show you some of my favorite places and things, and what makes Seattle so special. There's way more to us than coffee and Microsoft.
I'm also thrilled to be sharing this blog with my daughters. I hope you'll come along with us as we try to be our best selves as mothers, daughters, sisters and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment