Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Making Chicken and Avocado Salad Sandwiches For A Quick and Easy Lunch





Summer is my favorite time to cook and entertain family and friends. I just love the fact that you can make entertaining as elaborate or as simple as you please, and the fact is I am a big fan of simple!!

That's why summer salads are one of the things I like serving because so many of them can be made ahead of time, and put together just before your guests arrive.
This chicken and avocado salad is super easy to make and I love it. It makes a terrific sandwich on yummy bread, in a pita pocket, or even as a wrap with tortillas.




I needed to use up a few avocados I had, and this salad is a yummy way to do that. The lime juice really gives it some zing. I recommend tasting it and adjusting the seasoning to your liking.




The red bell pepper gives this some healthy crunch. If you are a big bell pepper fan, you can easily add more than what the recipe calls for and it will taste great.




I love this chicken avocado salad on healthy, whole grain bread. I let the salad sit in the refrigerator for about an hour so that the flavors have a chance to deliciously blend.
I'm sure you and your guests will love this easy, great tasting salad, and it's also a great way to use up leftover chicken, too.


Recipe for Chicken and Avocado Salad Sandwiches

Ingredients:

2 cups cooked shredded chicken
1 large avocado, cut in to pieces
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
4 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon onion powder


Directions:

Mix all ingredients in a large bowl, refrigerate for about an hour, so that flavors can blend together.
Give it a big stir, than use it for a filling on bread, pita bread, or tortillas.

3 comments:

  1. I have to give this one a try. I've been eating lots of greek yogurt and I adore avocado!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these look great! Avocado is a favorite around here too.

    ReplyDelete