Friday, June 14, 2013

Fabulous Friday




When I was out shopping last week I saw this sign and it rang true for me. It certainly is true that the people we know can indeed dull our sparkle, and sometimes it is best to avoid the people that don't have our best interests at heart.

But lately it is me who is dulling my own sparkle, it is me who is not always acting in my own best interests, and it is me who is choosing to look on the not so bright, bright side of things.
Why are we sometimes our own worst enemy, instead of being a best friend to the most important person there is, which is ourselves?  I don't think it is selfish to say we are the most important because unless we take care of ourselves, we have nothing to give to our friends, our families, or the world.

But I do recognize what is happening in my own mind, and that is half the battle. I think we can choose to be happy, or choose to be unhappy.
Overthinking is one of my worst traits, and tends to make me see more into a situation than is really there. And of course, I see the bad, never the good. But I am trying to change that, and that is progress.

It is going to be a gorgeous weekend here in the Seattle area, and I have chosen to make it a good one.
Here are some things or ideas that I have found and wanted to share with all of you. Have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend!!

Still need a Father's Day gift to give to the Dad in your life? These great make-it-yourself gift ideas from Martha Stewart will be sure to bring a smile to his face.

These sparkly and fabulous sandals from Payless look a lot like the ones I have been seeing on Pinterest for hundreds of dollars. The price for them? Only $16.99!!

Do you need a yummy tasting summer inspired dessert for a party or gathering? I so want to make this Summer Strawberry Cake from the Baker Upstairs blog.

I was super inspired to get working on some projects when I saw this great filing cabinet make-over from Apartment Therapy.

Can a toaster be glamorous? Take a look at this one from Michael Graves Design for JCP. He has come up with a way to make kitchen appliances look stunning. 

Happy Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment