Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Sewing A Sweet Children's Owl Shirt



When you haven't sewn in decades, every little project seems like a triumph. This little top that I sewed for my granddaughter, made me enormously happy.

I can see myself sewing more complex projects in the future, and getting back to a part of my life that I really loved. When my five children were growing up, I just couldn't find the time to sew. But now that I have free time, I'm very excited!!




This top was quite easy, and I finished it in a few hours. I love that Ashley can wear it now as a summer top, and still wear it into the fall and winter with a long sleeved shirt underneath it.




The pattern is a Butterick See&Sew, pattern #3889.
I made the short top, but you can also make the cute dress. Again, it can be worn in the colder months with the addition of a shirt underneath it.




I really think the owls are cute!




If you make this top, I do advise measuring the length of your child's torso because this actually is a little shorter than I thought it would be.
Next time I will lengthen it a little, something that is super easy to do.

I really am having fun getting back into sewing. My daughter Megan just bought her very first sewing machine, so I'm excited to see what projects she starts sewing too.



2 comments:

  1. LOVE this so cute! Owls are my fav and she looks so cute in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks so much!! I love the owls too :)

    ReplyDelete